Pages

Monday 10 October 2011

Vintage Finds

Like most crafters I love a good rummage in a charity shop!



In our local town we have quite a few 5 at the last count.  Now this maybe something to do with the fact that we have an elderly population here or that the rent in the shops is cheaper than other places I am not sure but anyway I digress.


The other day on my morning saunter around the shops I came across quite a few goodies.



These gorgeous tea cups which might be made into pincushions.  At bit like this one



I also found this fantastic old vogue how to sew book.






On the way back from town I decided to stop at the local tip.  Here they have a section for things for re-use.  I had a quick look around and suddenly found this




The most gorgeous retro suitcase So I asked the man in charge at the tip how much they wanted for it thinking that because it was so lovely and retro they would want quite a lot for it.  When he replied with "oh a £1" I nearly let out a massive squeal of excitement!








I can imagine it being on a railway platform with it's owner waiting for the steam train to come in.   I wonder perhaps I should write a book!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, gorgeous suitcase! I think I might have to have a hunt around our tip to see what I can find =P

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.